Don’t Let the Insurance Companies Pull These Tricks on You!
I have been a personal injury lawyer in Florida for the past 15 years, these are some of the insurance company tricks I've seen or heard about. I want you to know about these tricks so they don't happen to you or your family:
1. The auto insurance salesperson tries to talk you out of buying UM (uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage).
2. After an auto accident, a claims agent from the other driver's insurance carrier contacts you almost immediately wanting to settle your claim for anywhere from $500 to $5000 dollars; before you know what your injuries are; before you know how much coverage is available.
3. After an auto accident, a claims agent from the other driver's insurance carrier wants to take your recorded statement.
4. After an auto accident, a claims agent from the other driver's insurance carrier wants you to sign a Full and Final Release Of All Claims for your property damage.
5. After an auto accident, your own insurance carrier wants to send you for an IME (insurance company "independent" medical examination) but they don't give you sufficient notice of when the IME be or they schedule the IME with a doctor who doesn't have an office near you.
6. After an auto accident, the property damage claims adjuster doesn't mention things like rental coverage or loss of use reimbursement.
7. After your IME, your insurance carrier tells you that you can no longer see your own doctor.
8. After an auto accident, your insurance carrier wants you to sign a UM selection / rejection form that was part of your insurance application and they want it to be dated on the date you obtained the policy rather than the date they are asking you to sign it which is after the accident.
9. After an accident, an insurance claims adjuster calls you to say "there's no coverage" over the phone.
10. When it comes time to resolve your auto accident injury claim, the claims adjuster makes an offer that doesn't even cover your outstanding medical bills.
If you have been in an auto accident and if any of these situations sound familiar, make sure to speak with a lawyer as quickly as possible to protect your rights.
I am Kathryn Fenderson Scott and my firm, The Law Offices of Charles D. Scott, has been helping auto accident victims in Florida for the past 15 years. If you have questions about any of these situations and you don't already have a lawyer, please feel free to call or email me.
Knowledge is power. The insurance industry is counting on the fact that you won't know what to do after and accident and they are hoping that you don't speak with a lawyer to find out what your rights are. Don't let them get away with any of these tricks.
For more information or a free consultation on your legal issue contact The Law Offices of Charles D. Scott PLLC, your injury law and family law attorneys, at 727-300-4878. http://www.yourstpetelawyers.com